Month: June 2018 Page 1 of 3
The Center for International Affair at AKS is the home of the Understanding Korea Project, which seeks to correct inaccurate information on and improve contents about Korea in foreign textbooks. We are pleased to announce the 2018 Understanding Korea Essay Contest, aimed at promoting interest in Korea-related contents in foreign textbooks and Understanding Korea materials. Please note the following guidelines.
|Image of Korea from the International Point of View||– Images of Korea in foreign instructional materials (foreign textbooks, Internet sites, etc.)– Proposals on how to improve the image of Korea abroad (Creative ways to improve the image of Korea in your country)|
|Application of Understanding Korea Materials||– Review the application of Understanding Korea materials and ideas for developing them|
※ Website on winners of 2013-2015 competition:
※ Understanding Korea materials published by AKS can be requested for the purpose of this contest. Available in the site below.
(CEFIA Website: http://www.ikorea.ac.kr/english/ → Understanding Korea materials, Publications)
- Eligibility: Foreigners, Koreans living abroad
- Submission: Fill out the application format and submit by e-mail. (email@example.com)
○ Language: Korean or English
○ Essay Length: About 3 pages in A4 format
※ Download the application format from information bulletins in the Academy of Korean Studies homepage or Center for International Affairs homepage and submit (only the official format will be accepted).
– Website: http://intl.aks.ac.kr/english/, http://www.ikorea.ac.kr/english/
※ Submitted essays will not be returned, and the CEFIA will obtain the copyright.
※ Applications can be submitted using either Theme 1 or Theme 2 or both.
|Grand Prize||2||Awarded by the MinisterPrize worth 900,000 won|
|Excellence Prize||4||Awarded by the AKS PresidentPrize worth 300,000 won|
|Participation Prize||6||Awarded by the Center DirectorPrize worth 150,000 won|
※ Taxes related to the acceptance of and use of the prize are the winners’ responsibility.
※ All applicants will receive a souvenir (First 100 applicants only
- Application Period: June 1 – July 31, 2018
※ Submissions after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Announcement: September 20, 2018
※ The result of the contest will be posted on the Center’s website, (http://www.ikorea.ac.kr/english/) and all winners will be notified individually.
- Contact: The Center for International Affairs of the Academy of Korean Studies
○ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
○ Tel: (+82)-31-739-9731, 9725 / Fex: (+82)-31-739-9726
※ All inquiries about the contest must be made by email.
Ronit Gruper is an alumni of the Korean Studies programs of the Hebrew University. Today she’s managing a personal facebook page for Korean food and her own recipes. Visit her page here: Hanshik.
- Kan news: US-North Korea summit Live.
- Kan podcast: Korea’s history to modern time
- Kan podcast: Summit with a question mark
- 103FM: The US-North Korea summit and the interests in it
- 103FM: Consequence of the US-North Korea summit
- Radio-Eretz: US-North Korea summit
- Haaretz: Kim is the winner of the US-North Korea summit
- Jerusalem Post: Is a Korean reconciliation a precendent for an Israeli-Palestinian reconciliation? not likely.
- 102FM: The US-North Korea summit
- Israel Hayom: Kim’s gamble
- The Marker: Economic consenquences of the summit